Pros and cons of treatment in Israel
The State of Israel has become a recognized leader in the field of health care worldwide. The government annually allocates large sums to finance medical institutions, the purchase of advanced equipment and research, and a multi-stage system of medical education and advanced training for practicing doctors has been created in the country.
Many of them undergo internships at leading clinics in the world, which allows them to master the most effective treatment methods. Russian citizens are increasingly choosing Israel for medical tourism. According to statistics, 80% of Russians who need surgery abroad, it is in Israeli hospitals.
Directions of medical care
In Israel’s private and state medical centers, almost all known diseases are treated, innovative methods, cutting-edge drugs and equipment are used. However, you can list a few of the most sought-after areas of medicine for which patients from all over the world are sent to this country:
1. Cancer treatment. It is in Israeli clinics that the highest survival rate in patients in the world with severe oncological diseases, including leukemia, is observed. Oncologists use advanced immunological methods, and minimally invasive surgical procedures are used to remove brain tumors.
2. Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine. Every year thousands of couples come to the clinics of Israel to find long-awaited happiness. The high success rate of IVF and other methods of artificial conception is due to the excellent technical equipment.
3. Cardiology. Mortality from diseases of the cardiovascular system in clinics in Israel has been reduced to a record 4.3%. In this country, unique high-precision operations are performed on valve replacement, heart transplantation and more.
4. Orthopedics. Innovative methods can successfully treat scoliosis, arthrosis, diseases of the vertebral discs. Innovative bioimplants installation techniques and various endoprosthesis replacement methods are used here.
5. Plastic surgery and other areas of aesthetic medicine. Even world celebrities came here to correct imperfections, as well as minimally invasive weight correction procedures. This is only a small part of the areas of medicine for which thousands of people come to the clinics of Israel. Neurosurgery, dentistry, organ transplantation – these and many other branches of medicine are raised to the highest level of development, patients are offered treatment of diseases of any complexity with a high chance of a positive result.
Also, patients in Israel are offered quality spa treatment. Here there is a larger number of sanatoriums built near the sources of healing mineral waters, mud therapy and other physiotherapy methods are actively used. According to reviews of tourists, the healing mud and salt of the Dead Sea by themselves give a considerable healing effect.
The cost of Israeli medicine
Medicine is well developed in European countries and the United States, but it is Israel’s clinics that have been holding leading positions for years. Moreover, residents of developed countries are increasingly refusing complicated and expensive medical procedures in European clinics and are going to Israel for assistance.
Even more, it is in demand for residents of Russia and the countries of the former CIS, where the level of medicine meets European standards only in the largest cities. First of all, patients are attracted by the cost of medical procedures, including costly high-tech treatment. Prices for the services of doctors in Israel are regulated by the state, so treatment will cost two times cheaper than in the US and almost a third cheaper than in clinics in Europe.
In addition, local doctors almost never take a prepayment for their services, procedures and appointments are paid as they are performed. You can list the approximate price level for the treatment of serious diseases:
1. Treatment of oncological diseases. Full course will require from 4500 y. e, it includes diagnostic and therapeutic measures.
2. Infertility treatment and IVF procedure. The total cost of the course with a high probability of a positive result is about 3000 y. e.
3. Treatment of diseases of the heart and blood vessels. The total cost is calculated personally for each patient, but the average price level varies between 3-5 thousand y. e.
4. Treatment of gastrointestinal diseases, including all diagnostic procedures. The cost of the course starts from 2000 y. e. If you compare these figures with the price lists of major European and American clinics, you can easily make sure that Israeli medicine is really cheaper. At the same time, for the quality of services and level of patient care, this country has been ranked first in the world for many years.